30 August 2009

Reunion and Mom update

I've been quite busy lately so this is a short and basically to the point update.
The reunion last wkd was wonderful! I got to see my cousin, Kristin (she is married to Jadae's cousin - Jason) she is pregnant with a baby girl - due in November. They live in TN and its been a while since I've gotten to visit with them. It was rather chilly and rainy. They had karaoke; which I did not participate. I will be the first to admit that I cannot sing on key, any key whatsoever.


Josh and Sara and our new niece, Corinna, came to town for that wkd! It was also nice to see them. We only get to see Josh a few times a year. We sure miss him. Here is my in-laws with all of their grandchildren minus Xzavier (he was in Michigan with his mom). This is the best shot. All of the others Malachi was sobbing (he was awaken from his nap and a bit insecure).
After the reunion all of us ladies (my sister-in-laws, and Angel- my oldest niece) all went to the thrift store. Thrifting makes me a happy women. I love thrift stores and can spend a fortune there.

This Friday my mom and I took my brother, Harrison to move into his dorm room. He is a freshman at Mt. Vernon Nazarene University. I can't believe he is that old already. I know that he is going to love dorm life. It looks like this semester he will not have a roommate. I miss the dorm life atmosphere. I only got to experience it the year I lived in Texas. I miss the school atmosphere, but not the stress of the work.
Yesterday Jadae and I celebrated our 4th anniversary (which was actually on the 27th). We went to a all-you-can-eat Chinese Buffet. Then to the Bookery (Christian bookstore) and got a couple's devo, a devo for me, and a Mom's and son Bible story book. The book for Malachi is really cool- it writes the Bible stories from the perspective of the children (ie, Abraham and Issac- from Issac's view), then has a part after the story that talks about what it means to be a Man of God. It also has a spot for mom's to read to help their son get a better and clearer picture to help their sons turn into godly men.


My mom's results came back from the biopsy on the tumor that was on her lung. The news is bittersweet. It is not lung cancer, Praise God! But is is cancer. Her breast cancer is back. She will have surgery, chemo, and radiation again. It is good-bad news situation. We basically knew that the cancer was back. But it was still hard to hear.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your mom. I will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete