28 October 2009

It's what's for Dinner...Last night


I like trying out new recipes. Espically when I know that Jadae can est whatever I prepare. I tried out a new recipe last night. It is very simple but good! And since I have not posted a recipe in awhile I will post it here.


Farmer's Chicken


Yield:
4 servings
Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter

4 tablespoons flour

2 cup milk

1-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed

4 celery ribs, chopped

1 small onion, chopped

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

12 ounce package of stuffing mix

Instructions:
1. Saute onion, and prepare stuffing mix according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and then add flour. Stir until bubbly, then cook one minute. Slowly add in milk, stirring continually to avoid lumps.
3. Add chicken, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is done and celery is starting to get tender.
4. Pour mixture into an 8x8-inch casserole dish. Top with stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.


I did not use the celery. (I forgot we had some and Jadae is not sure if he is able to eat it yet due to his Crohn's) I also subsituted Rice Milk for the milk. And I accidentally dropped the cutting board that I was chopping the onion on and lost half my onion :( But overall is tasted really good. Next time I will add more chicken (I used a little over a pound) and a little less milk. (it was a little too moist for my husband).

( I got this recipe from Tammy's Recipe's at http://tammysrecipes.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment